Yes, you read that title correctly!!! With Ontario now being in Stage 2 of their reopening plan, we can now have crew boats*.
*Please note that crew boats made up of members of different households will all have to sign a waiver (The Guardian's permission is required for those under 18).
Not comfortable rowing with people outside of your household, that is 100% ok. As you can see in the photo we have upgraded our fleet with a more stable single, as well as invested in accessories to make some of our other racing singles much more stable.
Some things to remember:
- You must wear a mask while in or around the boathouse and dock (you can remove your mask once you have pushed off from the dock and place it back on before returning to the dock)
- Maintain 2m (6') distance from other people when on land
- Please refrain from "mingling" in the parking lot, on the dock, or in/around the boathouse before & after your row.
- Ergometers must be used outside of the club and must be sanitized after use.
- All equipment is to be washed upon completion of row
- Oars will be assigned to you, please do not use any other oars unless you are given permission by a coach
- Do not share water bottles (at this time we will NOT be providing water at the water cooler so please bring sufficient water and take weather conditions into consideration --- hotter = more water)
- NO personal items can be left in the boathouse.
- Avoid physical contact if in a shell with others not in your household
- Before attending the boathouse, please fill out the "Covid Screening Tool" form provided in the link on the homepage and email the results to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the site for more details on programs along with the rules and procedures we have in place to make the club as safe as possible for all our members and coaches.
We look forward to seeing you on the water soon. Please contact Jenn at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.